Aadhaar eSign is a convenient and secure online electronic signature service available in India. It enables Aadhaar holders to digitally sign documents from anywhere using their Aadhaar card and a mobile number registered with Aadhaar. The signature service authenticates the Aadhaar holder which ensures the authenticity and integrity of the signed document.
eSign is recognized as a legally valid electronic signature in India under the Information Technology Act, 2000, and is considered equivalent to a handwritten signature. Various government departments, banks, and organizations accept eSign for online transactions and document signing. By using eSign, both the sender and the recipient save time and effort, and eliminate the need for physical paperwork.
Overall, eSign is a secure, efficient, and legally recognized electronic signature solution that streamlines the document signing process in India.
There are several benefits of using e-Sign for document signing, which include:
- Convenience: With e-Sign, signatories can sign documents from anywhere, at any time, without the need to physically meet someone for the signing process. This saves time and effort for both parties involved.
- Cost savings: The use of e-Sign eliminates the need for printing, scanning, and shipping physical documents, which can be expensive and time-consuming. This also helps to reduce the carbon footprint of businesses and individuals.
- Paperless: e-Sign helps to reduce paper usage and promotes a paperless environment. This not only saves trees and other natural resources but also contributes to a more sustainable world.
- Audit trail: e-Sign provides a better audit trail with date-time stamped signatures. This ensures that the document is signed and dated at the exact moment it was executed, which helps to reduce the risk of fraud and disputes.
- Integrity and non-reputability: e-Sign ensures the integrity and non-reputability of the signed document, as the signer's identity is verified through Aadhaar-based e-KYC process. This means that only the authorized person can sign the document, and it cannot be denied or repudiated later.
- No hardware token required: Unlike traditional digital signatures that require a hardware token, e-Sign does not require any additional hardware or software, making it easy to use for anyone with an Aadhaar card and a mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
In addition to the benefits mentioned earlier, e-Sign also provides various safety and security features. Some of the features are:
- Security & Authentication: e-Sign uses Aadhaar-based e-KYC authentication to verify the identity of the signer, ensuring that only the authorized person can sign the document.
- Encryption: The signature and the document are encrypted using advanced encryption standards to ensure that the data is secure during transmission.
- Secure storage: The signed document is stored securely in digital form, protecting it from theft, damage, or loss.
- Undeniable: e-Sign ensures that the signature is linked to the signer, providing non-repudiation of the signed document, which means that the signer cannot deny having signed the document.
- Digital Document Execution Report / Certificate: IOUX e-Sign maintains a digital audit trail, which provides a record of who signed the document, when, and where, providing better transparency and accountability.
- Legally valid: e-Sign is legally valid under the IT Act 2000 and is accepted by various government departments, banks, and other organizations for online transactions and document signing.
Overall, the use of Aadhaar-based eSign is considered a highly efficient, secure and legally valid method of electronic signature in India.